I believe in the Father God Almighty, in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son and the Holy Spirit (Ghost). Sometimes when we pray we need to call upon Jesus in his correct name depending upon our personal circumstance.
El Shaddai ~ Lord God Almighty
El Elyon ~ The Most High God
Adonai ~ Lord, Master
Yahweh ~ Lord Jehovah
Jehovah Nissi ~The Lord My Banner
Jehovah Raah ~ The Lord Sheperd
Jehovah Rapha ~ The Lord that Heals
Jehovah Shammah ~ The Lord is There
Jehovah Tsidkenu ~ The Lord Our Righteousness
Jehovah Mekoddishkem ~ The Lord Who Sanctifies You
El Olam ~ The Everlasting God
Elohim ~ God
Jehovah Jireh ~ The Lord Will Provide
Jehovah Shalom ~ The Lord is Peace
Jehovah Sabaoth ~ The Lord of Hosts
Elhiym Kasoshim ~ The Most Holy God
Personal Relationship with God
I don’t know about you but, I wake up every day in awe. I can’t even imagine how one Man ( human incarnate) can hear and keep track of over a zillion people in the world, knows what each person is asking for, hears the pleads of zillions every second, minute, hour ~ 365 days a week. Knew you before you were ever formed, knows the number of hairs on your head and lifts each person to his bosom and carries you over personal storms.
Promised to give us treasure beyond our infant dreams and all He wants is Praise and Worship. Adoration from us and for us to allow Him and the Holy Spirit to have a personal relationship with us ~ Spend Time with Him and Learn His Word.
Glory Hallelujah !!!!!
Can you give God one hour of your time? He is not interested in formal speech and ceremony, come to him as you are and speak with him just like he was your best friend. You can speak with Him in the shower, driving to work, walking along the street, waiting for the train, or on the commode.
Most of us start out speaking with God by telling him what you want or what you lack and want ~ give me, give me, give me… Did you take the time to Thank Him for keeping you safe, returning your loved ones home to you, that promotion, that raise, you found money when you thought you spent that last dollar. How about just for waking up in your right mind, being able to dress your self, welcome those aches and pains ~ you are ALIVE. Trust me no one wants to feel pain, have missing limbs, incurable diseases, be homeless, etc. but you woke up. How many people will go to sleep tonight and Never wake up? Today Might be your Miracle Day. So what am I saying?
- Give Thanks first, before complaining, begging. God is not in the business of giving you what you want. He provides for your Needs!!!
- Praise Him for his works in your situation (Acknowledge what He has done for you). Remember we have nothing that has not been God-given.
- Lay your cares or concerns at God’s Feet and leave it there…… He is not a man that shall lie, He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
- Pray for your enemies ~ their salvation, not condemnation or damnation. Always speak and think life, not death.
- Sometimes you might have to Fast and Wait for God’s answer. “Death to Self” ~ move out of God’s way by being Still, so He can work on your behalf. Too many times we think we have all the answers or want to force and manipulate situations to fit our perception of “what it should be.”
- God has the Final Word
My personal approach:
When I wake up: Thanks’ God for one more Day to grow closer to you in the Name of Jesus. Send your Holy Spirit to me and tell me what you want me to do today. I apologize in advance if I don’t hear you and for any sins that I might commit today.
Always say a Prayer before opening your Bible asking the Holy Spirit for guidance and understanding of the word.